A sophisticated dish to use with our Pink Variety to enrich it.
- Serves: 6 as a starter
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours freezing
- Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
- ½ lb piece of veal or beef fillet
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp VillaBlanca Pink Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ¾ cup baby podded broad beans, fresh or frozen
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp freshly chopped lemon thyme leaves
- 4 Tbsp VillaBlanca Pink Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ounce piece Manchego or aged Iberico cheese
- A few fresh lemon thyme leaves
1) Place the veal or beef fillet on a chopping board and season it all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Run the thyme sprigs under hot water for a few seconds – this will help to release their fragrant oils. Remove the leaves from the stalks and chop them up roughly. Sprinkle the thyme over the fillet, then roll the meat around the chopping board so that any excess seasoning and herbs stick to it.
2) Place a heavy-based frying pan over high heat. When very hot, add the oil, followed by the fillet. Fry for 1 minute only, turning it every few seconds to sear. Remove the meat from the frying pan and put it on to a plate to rest and cool.
3) Wrap the fillet tightly in plastic wrap, then freeze for 2 hours, so it becomes firm enough to thinly slice.
4) Meanwhile, place the beans into a pan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water, then pop the bright green beans out of their skins.
5) To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice and mustard together in a small bowl, then whisk in the oil. Season to taste then stir in the thyme leaves.
6) Remove the meat from the plastic wrap, then thinly slice. Divide the slices between 6 plates or 1 large platter slightly overlapping. Spoon over the beans, then drizzle all over with the dressing.
7) Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over the plates, then scatter a few thyme leaves and serve immediately.